Eye On Life HUMBUG Poetry Contest
Everyone should be able to enjoy humbug at Christmas. I know I do.
This week only, December 12th through 16th, submit a twisted Christmas (or winter holiday of your choice) poem to The Poetry Locksmith and be entered to win a bag of humbug. Winner announced on Monday, December 19th.
- Previously unpublished poems only
- No more than two poems per contestant
- Contest open only to poets in the United States and Canada
- Paste your humbug poems into the body of an email message. NO ATTACHMENTS.
- Enter “HUMBUG” in the subject line
- Send the email to Poetry Editor Tom Rubenoff at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include your name and mailing address so we can send you your prize if you win
- Less than 400 words
- Approach Christmas (or preferred holiday) from an unusual angle
After December 19th, all rights revert to the poets. The bag of humbug will be shipped concurrent with winner announcement. In addition to the winner, a number of runners up will be published in The Poetry Locksmith at Eye On Life in a feature entitled, “Bah, Humbug.”
Once again the deadline for this contest is this Friday, December 16th. You want an extension, Mr. Cratchitt? Bah! Humbug!!!